Saturday, February 26, 2011

Grandkids quilts

This past year for Christmas gift to Robert's parents I had thought that a quilt with all the grandkids name would be a good gift, So I mentioned it to all of his brothers and sister and we decide to go ahead with the project. My sister in law Cherish was amazing and cut all the pieces for the star blocks out and sewed everything together and I had all the blocks embroidered with each grandkids name and each of the family groups are in a different color. We did 2 of these quilt this one here and another in brown tones for his dad. At the beginning of the year we had 14 grandkids and by the end of the year we had 17 grandkids. The quilt size is probable over a twin size. They both turned out beautifully and if we have any more grandkids on this side of the family we will add a throw pillow for them. 

2 comments:

about me said...

this is beautiful
who did the names for you
I have some stuff to do
I want to make one too

about me said...

great job