Thursday, May 5, 2011

I am my mother's daughter...

Top for Breanna

Megan's Dress

Lately I have been sewing. I am taking a quilting class and now I am starting to sew dresses and tops for the girls. I have found that it is relaxing even though I struggle on a few things here and there. I have sewed 2 other items. A dress for Breanna similar to Megan's and then an short outfit for Megan. I will post pictures later. Breanna's top was the first time I had sewed in a zipper it was a challenge at first but after watching a few You tube videos on sewing in a zipper i decided to tackle and not let the fear prevent me from finishing what I started. For only taking a class in Jr. High on sewing I have to say that I am pretty impressed with myself.  I remember all the dresses and clothes that my mom made for Christie & I and I am amazed at how easy she made it look. In fact since my Mom saved so much I still have a few of those dresses so at some the girls will have something that their grandmother made.

No comments: